For many of the victims, break in into their home is a traumatic situation. It leaves them vulnerable and lost in difficult situation. Many of the individuals find themselves unsure or unprepared about this circumstance. They don’t understand what they need to do at this point. If you are the person going to be in that type of situation, its better to follow some things.
Following the things when there is a break in happens in your house
- When you face this kind of break-in in your house then you might be in shock. You don’t even understand what to do. At this point, get to safety house or stay at your friends or safe place of your family till your situation gets fine.
- When you think that you are in a safe and secure place, then call the police. Inform them about all the details of break in into your house by burglars or any other fraud people. Always remain in a calm way after calling the police. If not, you might get panic or anxiety attacks.
- When the police come to your location, assess your belongings and inventory. Check all the items that are missing and call the police to give the missing items list.
- The police are going to question about your belongings and missing items. They might also question about the whereabouts the scenes of burglary happened in your home. You must give all the details about the people who assessed your home keys and locks.
- Always ensure to call the insurance to claim that someone you know stole the belongings or break in by burglars.
- After the break in, ensure to keep calm and don’t break emotionally. Again, begin to build your life that was before in your life.
- Call a professional locksmith and replace all your damaged locks, install high security locks if you can afford it.
These are the things to follow up when a break in has happened in your house.